About the 4thFest ParadeThe 4thFest parade begins at 10:00 am on July 4. The 4thFest parade is the area's largest Independence Day parade. The annual parade features marching bands, floats, and loads of excitement!
Parade RouteCheck out the two-mile 4thFest parade route, which begins at the intersection of 9th Street and 22nd Avenue.
Where to Watch
- Seating along the route is first come, first served. For safety, always stay behind the curb when watching the parade.
- Seating is not available from the corner of 9th Street and 22nd Avenue north to the GEICO/McGregor's driveway (parade entries line up in this section of 22nd Avenue).
Be in the Parade
- Park in the Hy-Vee parking lot or a nearby lot; only parade vehicle entries may be in the staging area at GEICO/McGregor’s.
- Be in place by 9:00 am in the GEICO/McGregor’s Parking Lot, 2213 2nd Street. The parade starts promptly at 10:00 am.
- Know your number in line. Entry numbers are posted around the staging area. Volunteers will be at the entrances.
- Review the packet sent to registered entrants one week prior to the parade. Download the Parade Entrant Lineup Info Packet (PDF)
- Put your cell phone away. Cell phone use (including talking, texting, or taking photos/video) is prohibited when driving a vehicle, riding an animal, or cycling in the parade.
- All entrants driving a motorized vehicle must have a valid driver's license.
- Watch for children. Be careful when driving the route; kids will want to enter the road.
- Keep the pace. Stay directly behind the entry in front of you and leave at least two car lengths
- Do not stop the parade. Performances must be quick and simple.
- Walk to the crowd at the curb to hand things out. Do not throw candy into the street.
- Never encourage spectators to approach your entry or to enter the street.
- Keep it safe. No open flames. All floats must be secure.
- Do not squirt water at spectators.
- Bring water to stay hydrated; the parade route is over two miles long.
Deadline Is June 1
- Completed applications for all entrants must be received by June 1.
- Parade slots are filled on a first come, first served basis.
- Like Coralville 4thFest on Facebook for parade tips and information.
- Registered entrants will be contacted with additional information one week prior to the parade.
- All entrants must be in the parking area, 2213 2nd Street, prior to 9:00 am.
Awards will be given in the following categories:
- Best interpretation of theme
- Best walking group
- Most patriotic float
- Grand Marshal's award