- 7:00 pm
- Third Monday of the month (subject to changes)
- At a Parks and Recreation facility, depending on the meeting topic
- Meetings are not be held in February and August unless a need is otherwise determined.
View the Parks and Recreation calendar for meeting dates
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
The Commission consists of five board members who serve three-year terms. A City Council member and Director of Parks and Recreation also are included as non-voting members of the board.
The responsibilities of the Parks and Recreation Commission are outlined in the Code Book, Ch. 24, and include:
- Recommend and review policies, rules, regulations, ordinances, and budgets relating to parks, playgrounds, recreational services, and cultural functions of the City.
- Make reports to the City Council as the Commission deems in the public interest.