Free Concert in S.T. Morrison Park
Wednesday, July 3, 2019
6:30 pm: The Sidewinders
8:00 pm: Journey former lead vocalist Steve Augeri
Where: S.T. Morrison Park, Coralville | Get directions
About: Bring blankets, lawn chairs, and prepare for a great performance at the annual 4thFest concert! The show is open to all ages.
Weather: The concert is scheduled to be held rain or shine.
With a stage presence and enthusiasm that make them a crowd favorite among all ages, this energetic band performs current pop hits and rock classics, and features vocals backed by electric guitars, keyboards, percussion, and a three-piece horn ensemble. They have performed at the Iowa State Fair, festivals throughout Iowa, and military events, and opened the 4thFest concerts for Loverboy, Tommy James & The Shondells, and The Oak Ridge Boys.
The Sidewinders is a musical performance team under the 34th Army Band, which is made up of citizen soldiers whose civilian occupations include teachers, salespersons, corporate management, engineers, and students. The 34th Army Band, Iowa Army National Guard, is stationed in Fairfield, Iowa and is the only military band in the state.
Journey former lead vocalist Steve Augeri
Journey former lead vocalist Steve Augeri will headline Coralville’s free concert in S.T. Morrison Park on July 3 as part of the 2019 4thFest celebration.
From the heart of Brooklyn, New York, to the city by the bay and world over is Steve Augeri. Since 1973, Journey has sold nearly 90 million albums worldwide and cemented their reputation as one of America’s most beloved and accomplished rock and roll bands in history.
In 1998, Steve Augeri debuted on the seven-times platinum Armageddon soundtrack continuing the legacy as the supergroup’s lead vocalist. For nearly a decade, Steve recorded three albums and performed on multiple world tours to millions of adoring fans.
Known for his soaring vocals, gritty tenor, and powerful stage presence, Steve Augeri brings his signature blend of rock and soul into every event, singing the songs that made Journey famous including “Don’t Stop Believing,” “Faithfully,” “Any Way You Want It,” and many more.
- Rick Springfield (2018)
- Tommy James and the Shondells (2017)
- The Oak Ridge Boys (2016)
- Loverboy (2015)
- Jefferson Starship (2014)
- 38 Special (2013)
- Lonestar (2012) @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- Herman's Hermits starring Peter Noone (2011)
- Nitty Gritty Dirt Band (2010)
- Dennis DeYoung: The Music of STYX (2009)
- The Guess Who (2008)
- Grand Funk Railroad (2007)
- The Charlie Daniels Band (2006)
- Little River Band (2005) @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- Kansas (2004)
- Blood, Sweat, and Tears (2003)
- America (2002)
- Three Dog Night (2001)
- The Platters, The Drifters, and The Marvelettes (2000)
- Chubby Checker (1999)
- The Mamas & the Papas (1998) @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>