About the GardensThe Coralville Community Gardens offer a place for the public to lease a plot to plant and grow their own fresh produce, herbs, and annual flowers. The gardens also offer a limited number of raised beds for those with mobility impairments. Composed material and top soil is applied over the entire garden area at the beginning of the season.
(East of 12th Avenue, adjacent to the Coralville Parks, Transit, and Water Facility)
Garden Plot Prices*
|Garden Size||2022 Price|
|10' x 15' plot||$20.00 residents
|10' x 30' plot||$35.00 residents
|8' x 4' accessible raised bed||$10.00 residents
How to Reserve a Plot
- Returning Gardeners: Previous garden participants will be mailed a renewal application. Application deadline for returning gardeners is February 20, 2022.
- New Gardeners: Coralville residents may register beginning February 21, 2022.
- Non-residents: may register beginning March 7, 2022 if any plots remain open.
- Coralville Community Gardens 2022 application (PDF)
- One plot per household; plots are non-transferable.
- Multiple plots may be available upon request, by random draw, if all plots are not leased (priority given to residents).
- The community gardens are chemical free. No synthetic chemicals such as herbicides, pesticides, or fertilizers are allowed.
- Only non-perennial plants may be planted. Perennials such as strawberries, rhubarb, or asparagus are not allowed.
- Plots are for plants only. Keeping of animals, fowl, or bees is prohibited.
- Water sources throughout the garden area.
- Shed with donated gardening tools for community garden use.
- Plots are disked and tilled before the gardens open for the season.
- Plots are marked with wooden stakes.
- Grass paths throughout the garden area.
- Concrete bunkers to house plant material debris.
Parking & Accessibility
- Parking is available on 10th Street and at the adjacent Parks, Transit, and Water Operations Facility. A small, off-street area near the gardens is available; view garden and parking map (download PDF).
- Driving on the turf is not allowed.