engAGE: Active at Any Age
Leading active, fit, and healthy lives is part of today’s retirees’ busy schedules. The Parks and Recreation Department has a number of programs that may interest the active older adult.
Programming for Older Adults
Be social and stay active with lunch clubs, theater trips, local and regional bus tours, crafting events, swimming, exercise, and outdoor activities. Some programming is free of charge, while others have a small fee.
View the Monthly Calendar
Check out the latest activities for active older adults. View EngAGE monthly calendar
View the Activity Guide
EngAGE programming is included in the "Adult Activities" section of the Coralville Parks and Recreation activity guide, which is published three times per year. View Activity Guide
The following activities are held year round; contact the Recreation Center at 319.248.1750 for more information. Activities are both free and meet at the Recreation Center unless noted otherwise.
- This class is designed for those who wish to ease their way into fitness, as well as for those who want to maintain their current fitness level
- Mondays / Wednesdays / Fridays, 9:30-10:15 am
- Bring your favorite dish to share and your table setting. Entrée and beverages are provided. Free will donation.
- Meets the third Monday of the month
- We partnered with Coralville’s Lantern Park Hy-Vee (1914 8th Street) to offer informative tours and cooking demonstrations. Programs are led by Hy-Vee’s staff dietitian. Meets at Hy-Vee. Registration is required; call 319.248.1750.
- Meets the second Monday of the month, 11:00-11:45 am
- Grab a few friends and have lunch at a different restaurant each month. Meet at restaurant; lunch is on your own. Registration is required; call 319.248.1750.
- Wednesdays at 11:30 am
- Explore some of Coralville’s parks and hike on hard surface trails and sidewalks. Meets at the trailhead. Call 319.248.1750 for the location of the next hike.
- Tuesdays, 9:30-10:30 am
- Join others who also like to craft. Work on a project you want to finish, or try something new.
- Meets the first and third Thursdays, 9:30-11:30 am
About the Recreation Center
There is no membership fee associated with the Coralville Recreation Center. To take a tour during business hours and learn about these programs, call the Coralville Recreation Center at 319.248.1750.