Citizen’s Community Policing Advisory Board
- 6:00 pm
- Fourth Monday of the month, unless otherwise noted
- Coralville City Hall
1512 7th St.
Coralville, IA 52241
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas will be available prior to the meetings. Minutes summarizing the meeting will be available following approval.
- Four (4) openings will be filled by residents of the City of Coralville who will make up a majority of the Board.
- One (1) opening must be filled by a person who holds or has held a law enforcement officer position for at least five years.
- One (1) opening must be filled by a person who is a member of the Iowa City Chapter of the NAACP (National Association for the Advancement of Colored People).
- One (1) opening must be filled by a person who is a member of the LULAC Council (League of United Latin American Citizens).
In 2020, the Coralville City Council, in collaboration with the NAACP and citizens, passed an ordinance forming the Citizen’s Community Policing Advisory Board.
- The Board was formed to work collaboratively with the City of Coralville, the Coralville Police Department, the NAACP, LULAC, and other citizen advocacy groups to promote unbiased policing practices in the City of Coralville.
- The Board’s main duties are to educate the public about these issues, make recommendations to the Coralville Police Department on training opportunities to advocate for unbiased policing practices, and to review data collected by the Coralville Police Department about contacts with the general public.
- The Board presents any recommendations to the Coralville City Council and Coralville Police Department.
How to File A Complaint
Download a Citizen's Community Policing Advisory Brochure with detailed information about how to file a complaint. If you have experienced or observed a biased policing practice, a complaint can be filed one of two ways:
- Through the Coralville Police Department using a Citizen Complaint Form, or
- Through the Iowa Civil Rights Commission website
The Citizen's Community Policing Advisory Board is available to provide assistance if needed.
Steve DolezalCitizen's Community Policing Advisory Board Member
Kathy HotsenpillerCitizen's Community Policing Advisory Board Member
Dennis LeytemCitizen's Community Policing Advisory Board Member
Guillermo MoralesCitizen's Community Policing Advisory Board Member
Royce PetersonCitizen's Community Policing Advisory Board Member
Dolores SladeCitizen's Community Policing Advisory Board Member
Cynthia UkahCitizen's Community Policing Advisory Board Member