Homeowners can receive help from the City of Coralville when installing Stormwater Best Management Practices on their property which reduce the quantity or improve the quality of stormwater runoff from their site. Matching grants are available for installing stormwater retention tools to slow down or stop water from entering the city’s storm sewer system, creeks, and streams.
The City will contribute half the cost, up to $2,000, to help incorporate water quality practices into your landscaping and lawn care. To qualify for reimbursement through this program, you must apply and have your project approved before completing the work. Funding is awarded on a first come, first served basis; available grant funding renews each year on July 1.
Proposed Stormwater Best Management Practice (BMP)
List each project item and its estimated cost
Attach a quote from a qualified landscaping contractor.
Upload site plan, timber stand improvement plan, or other engineering documents (applies to rain gardens, bio-retention cells, porous pavement, and timber stand improvement)
I have read the information below and understand the conditions of this application. By signing, I agree to the terms of this document and allow the City of Coralville to access my property for evaluation of this application
The City of Coralville has developed this program to promote installation of stormwater quality best management practices (BMPs) within the City. Financial assistance is given to applicants who install BMPs on their property that improve the quality of stormwater runoff entering the City storm sewer system, creeks or streams. Typical projects may include rain gardens, bio-retention, rain barrels, pervious paving systems, and other practices may be evaluated. Funding of this program is limited and available to applicants on a first come basis.
1) The City will reimburse up to $2,000 (up to $5,000 for timber stand improvement) or 50% of the total project cost, whichever is less. 2) Applicant is responsible for all project costs and will only be reimbursed for receipts that are submitted to the City. After submitting final cost and receipts, the City will reimburse the applicant within 30 days. 3) All implementation of the project is the responsibility of the property owner. The City is not liable for personal injury or property damage resulting from said work. 4) The City does not warranty any of the work or functionality of the project. Implementation and maintenance is the responsibility of the property owner. 5) The property owner is responsible for obtaining any other permits from local, state or federal entities as required. 6) Please be advised that the applicant is liable for any income and or property taxes that become due as a result of any reimbursement by the City.
1) Request a quote from a qualified landscaping contractor.
2) The qualified landscaping contractor will give you an estimate.
3) Submit application and cost estimate to the City of Coralville. Reimbursement must be approved by the city before the service is performed. Funding for this program is awarded on a first come, first served basis. Available grant funding renews on July 1 each year.
4) Once you hire the contractor and select the date, they will go over your lawn with an aerator to bring plugs of the soil up to the surface. This will create temporary holes in your lawn.
5) The contractor will add compost to fill in the holes to help grow a green, lush, lawn.
6) Your contractor will advise you on how much to water, and when.
1) Schedule an on-site appointment with the Stormwater Coordinator at (319) 248-1720.
2) Project must first be approved and signed by the Engineering Department to qualify for cost share reimbursement.
3) Fill out and return the completed application along with a cross section, concept design, and estimate.
4) Make sure the application is signed by the property owner(s).
5) Call the Stormwater Coordinator for an inspection of the completed project.
6) Submit final receipts and the signed maintenance agreement for approval and payment.
This field is not part of the form submission.
* indicates a required field